FOPAL’S Popular Monthly Sales
Depend On Your Generous Donations!
Please Bring Us Your Books, CDs, DVDs, Games, Puzzles, Software, and Artwork
At our monthly book sales, Friends of the Palo Alto Library finds new readers/users for your donated items and contributes net proceeds to purchase new materials, technology, and furniture for the Palo Alto libraries. During 2004-2012, FOPAL contributed over $2 million!
We gladly accept:
- Fiction and nonfiction books
- Textbooks and computer books
- Commercially recorded items: music on CDs or cassettes, audio books on CDs or cassettes, movies on DVD, Blu-ray, or VHS
- Software and manuals
- Records (45s, 78s, LPs)
- Ephemera (e.g. vintage posters, postcards, travel brochures, greeting cards, etc.)
- Maps (folded or rolled)
- Puzzles, games, and toys
- Sheet music
- Small collectibles, (e.g. figurines, bookends, souvenirs, etc.)
We do not accept:
- Soiled, moldy, water damaged, or partial books (General Guideline: if you would not give it to a friend, please don’t give it to the Friends!)
- Magazines or newspapers
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Home copied/burned or non-commercially recorded audio or video cassettes or CDs
- Advertising material (except items of exceptional historical value)
- Legal statutes or codes
- Furniture or other large ephemera such as suitcases
- American Automobile Association maps of the United States
Please bring all donations to: FOPAL Main Book Sale Room, Cubberley Community Center, 4000 Middlefield Road, Palo Alto (rear of campus, north entrance, next to the tennis courts, see Maps and Directions) Monday through Saturday, 2-4pm, EXCEPT during our monthly sales on the second Saturday of the month and Friday, the day before the sale.
We have hand-carts at the Cubberley Center to help you move boxes from your vehicle to our sorting room.
Please avoid large boxes that are difficult for our volunteers to handle. Copier paper or Banker boxes (10″ x 12″ x 15″) are a manageable size.
If you need to bring donations to us outside of these hours, please call (650) 213-8755 to be sure that a volunteer is available to receive your donations.
Pickup for Donations of 10 boxes or more – call (650) 308-4933 and leave a message for our pickup team. They will get back to you to schedule a pickup.
Your donations are tax-deductible. Be sure to ask for a receipt.