FOPAL’S Popular Monthly Sales
Depend On Your Generous Donations!
Please Bring Us Your Books, DVDs, Games, Puzzles, and Software
At our monthly book sales, Friends of the Palo Alto Library finds new readers/users for your donated items and contributes net proceeds to purchase new materials, technology, and furniture for the Palo Alto libraries. During 2000-2018, FOPAL contributed over $3 million!
ITEMS WE ARE TEMPORARILY NOT ACCEPTING:
- Art (framed or unframed or frames)
- Commercial Ephemera: printed material, e.g. posters, travel brochures, greeting and blank cards
- Plushies/Stuffed Animals
- Records (45s, 78s, LPs)
- Commercially recorded video tapes (VHS/Betamax)
FOPAL gladly accepts:
- Fiction and nonfiction books
- Textbooks and computer books
- Commercially recorded items: audio books on CDs or cassettes, movies on DVD, Blu-ray
- Software and manuals
- Personal Ephemera: black and white photos and all handwritten items (journals, letters, diaries, envelopes with stamps, postcards etc.)
- Maps (folded or rolled) except AAA maps of the United States
- Puzzles, games, and toys
- Sheet music
Sorry, we cannot take:
- Soiled, moldy, water damaged, or partial books (General Guideline: if you would not give it to a friend, please don’t give it to the Friends!)
- Magazines or newspapers
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Photo albums
- Small collectibles (figurines, bookends, souvenirs, etc.)
- Sports equipment
- Home copied/burned or non-commercially recorded audio-visual materials
- Legal statutes or codes
- Large ephemera such as furniture, lamps, suitcases, etc.
- American Automobile Association maps of the United States
Beginning Monday 10 August, we are pausing donations. Thank you for your past generosity, and we hope to see you again soon.
If you have a large donation, please call Janette Herceg, FOPAL Volunteer & Sales Manager at (650) 494-1266 to make an appointment for delivery of a large donation.
We are not doing Pickup Donations at this time.
Your donations are tax-deductible. Be sure to ask for a receipt.
Thank you for Supporting Palo Alto’s Libraries!